Jan. 10, 2018
A New Year. New Resolutions. Tips to sticking to them!
A New Year. New Resolutions. Tips to sticking to them! How many of us are excited around this time of year, not just for the upcoming holidays but also for a new year, a rebirth almost? We make New Years Resolutions with the best of intentions, hoping, praying that we'll stick to them whether they are for better health, more education, working towards a raise, spending more time with loved ones, being a better parent, the list goes on and on and on....
We never intend on breaking our resolutions. No, promises are not meant to be broken. That's basically what a New Year's Resolution is-a promise we make to ourselves. But with the stress and busy-ness of life, we all too often forget about our resolutions. I often ask myself, if I had kept my New Years resolution each year, would I be a better person? Would my children have a better mother? Would my business be more successful? In no way can I regret the years that have passed. I'm not able to go back in time to redo anything so I found some tips and solutions to keeping my New Years resolution and I hope that this helps you as well.
Tips to keeping your New Years Resolution:
1. Be Realistic about your resolution. Think long term and short term. Break your goals up into smaller achievements. Set a timeline in which you want to complete each goal until you reach your long term goal (the big picture).
2. Focus on one resolution at a time. It's much easier when you can focus on one change rather than 10 different changes so cut yourself some slack and work on one thing at a time.
3. Use positive language rather than negative demands (wikihow.com). Highlighting the benefit of your resolution can be more motivating than focusingin on the negative reason why you should change.
4. Get some support. This is a very important one not just because moral support is important but also because telling others about your goal(s) holds you accountable. =) Telling others about your resolution can also help motivate them to boost their resolutions.
5. Review your progress. Keep a journal. Write it in daily, weekly, bi-weekly...whatever works best for you. Writing down your progress gives you a clear picture of where you started, where you are presently and where you want to be.
6. Celebrate!!! Always remember to celebrate your success. However, make sure that the way you celebrate doesn't go against your resolution.
I hope you all have a wonderful, joyful, successful 2014 filled with lots of love, family, laughter and HUGS!!!
IF BUYING A HOME OR SELLING YOUR HOME in ALASKA IS ONE OF YOUR GOALS, Call 907-720-HOME(4663)
SEARCH ALASKA MLS RIGHT NOW! SELL YOUR HOME!
FIND OUT THE VALUE OF YOUR HOME!