Mold is the last thing any homeowner wants to find in their home. It's not only unattractive and stinky, but it also poses a major health risk to you and your family. Checking gutters and
5 Tips to Your Home Lighting
Dated: April 1 2021
Lighting is such a crucial aspect of your home and can affect the ambiance, energy, and vibe in each room. However, sifting through the various styles, bulbs, and placement options can feel overwhelming. Here are a few tips to get you started!
1. There are three different types of lighting. Ambient lighting (or general lighting) fills the room, accent lighting is used to highlight something, such as art, and task lighting is used to help you complete various tasks, such as desk lamps and vanity lights. It’s recommended you have at least two types in each room.
2. Start with selecting task and accent lighting in each room. Many times, the combination of these two provide enough light in a room so overhead lighting may not be needed.
3. To ensure lighting fixtures will mesh well together, try placing images of the fixtures on a Word document to see the full picture before purchasing.
4. Light bulb selection is equally important as fixture selection. By choosing incandescent or halogen bulbs, you can add a warm, sunny feel to a room. Fluorescent bulbs can provide warm white, cool white, or daylight color temperatures and radiate light 360 degrees around the bulb. Finally, LED bulbs can range from blue-white to neutral white to yellow-white and are the most energy-efficient option.
5. Factor natural lighting into your light design by mapping out where the sun falls and how it moves across the room. Then, place lighting in darker areas.
With the right lighting, you can transform any room and create your desired atmosphere for your home.
Need more home or real estate tips? I’d love to talk to you! Call me at 907-720-4663.
Vanna has called Alaska home for the past 15 years. As a mother, real estate investor and previous business owner, Vanna brings many different perspectives when working for her clients. She has been a....
Latest Blog Posts
Numbers Don’t Lie – It’s Still a Great Time To Sell [INFOGRAPHIC]Some HighlightsHeading into the end of the year, you might wonder if it’s still a good time to sell your.
Knowledge Is Power When It Comes to Appraisals and InspectionsBuyers in today’s market often have questions about the importance of getting a home appraisal and an inspection. That’s