Mold is the last thing any homeowner wants to find in their home. It's not only unattractive and stinky, but it also poses a major health risk to you and your family. Checking gutters and
5 Ways to Keep Your Home Cool Without AC This Summer
Dated: July 7 2021
July is typically the warmest month in Alaska so summertime is here and it’s bringing the heat! It’s always an option to blast the air conditioner all summer long, but there are ways to keep your home cool that are better for the environment and won’t double your energy bill.
1. Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans may be an overlooked method to keep your home cool, but that’s because they are often used incorrectly. During the summer months a ceiling fan should be rotating counterclockwise to send cool air down otherwise you will be recirculating the heat in your home.
2. Blinds: If your home has windows that face the west or north, make sure to keep them covered with blinds to prevent the sun from heating up your home.
3. Mind the Gaps: Cover or repair all gaps and cracks near doors and windows to ensure your cool air stays in during the day. This paired with your home’s insulation will also prevent heat from seeping in on hot days.
4. Evening Chill: When the sun goes down and the temperature is cooler, open up your windows and doors to bring that cool air in. Just make sure to get them closed before the sun returns.
5. Box Fans: If your home has multiple windows on opposite sides of the room, you can create a cooling effect with two box fans on each side. One should be facing inward and the other outward. This will keep a constant airflow bringing in fresh air and removing the hot air.
Need more home or real estate tips? I’d love to talk to you! Call me at 907-720-4663.
Vanna has called Alaska home for the past 15 years. As a mother, real estate investor and previous business owner, Vanna brings many different perspectives when working for her clients. She has been a....
Latest Blog Posts
Numbers Don’t Lie – It’s Still a Great Time To Sell [INFOGRAPHIC]Some HighlightsHeading into the end of the year, you might wonder if it’s still a good time to sell your.
Knowledge Is Power When It Comes to Appraisals and InspectionsBuyers in today’s market often have questions about the importance of getting a home appraisal and an inspection. That’s