Your home is your oasis. A place to kick back and relax from your day. So, why not invest in some items that can boost the zen in your home? Check out the tips below to help you achieve
7 Reasons to Have a Home Inspection Before You Buy
Dated: December 6 2018
One of the most important
Buyers have an option of waiving an inspection but that might not be a good idea. You need a fair documentation of the property's condition whether existing or a new construction.
There are many reasons to make inspection mandatory and here are the few:
1. A home inspector is your protector to make sure the house is not hiding anything before you commit to owning it.
2. Looks can be deceiving. A nice looking house does not always mean it is perfect all throughout. Problems with wiring, structural issues, and plumbing may not be visible so you'll need an expert opinion.
3. Extra money to pay for inspection can actually save you a lot. Paying for inspection may be cheaper than rewiring and repairing the entire house.
4. If there are repairs need to be done in the house, it can give you more power to negotiate. You can bargain to lowering the price or you can ask sellers to shoulder necessary repairs.
5. Safety is important. Getting a home’s inspection helps you determine and make sure that the home you're buying is safe. You don't want to get a home with an unsafe electrical system, gas or such that may harm you or your loved ones in the future.
6. It will help you to know more about the home you are buying. Having a transparent view of the transaction you are entering into is vital. It will help you be on the right track, know which steps to take forward and avoid future surprises in the future. It can help you make decisions based on your budget, time and investment.
7. And lastly, is having peace of mind. You can have physical documentation and proof of everything about the property. You will have certainty that this house is really worth buying for.
If you are buying and looking for a home inspector, don’t hesitate to ask your agent. A good agent always prioritizes your best interest.
If you are looking to buy a house around Alaska, call us 907-720-4663 or (907) 570-6757. We can help you with every step of the way.
Vanna has called Alaska home for the past 15 years. As a mother, real estate investor and previous business owner, Vanna brings many different perspectives when working for her clients. She has been a....
Latest Blog Posts
Here's the Alaska Residential Real Estate Market Update for November.
Here's Alaska real estate market update for November 14th - 20th, 2020.On the top of our list is the Anchorage market. During this week, 311 are currently active listings where 32 of which are new